Monday, March 31, 2008

Bullseye #4

Stars & Stripes, my bullseye team, had range duty tonight, so I got there early and put 40 rounds through my 617 to get warmed up, then jumped on the second relay...and shot a 526! holy smokes! All of my worries about my fatigue and mood negatively affecting my scores this week? Out the window! Then I jumped on the 4th relay and shot my 41...and shot a 550! Sweetness! (too bad the second score doesn't count, but the first is quite respectable, being another near-40 point increase from the previous week).

I also stuck around to learn how to officiate the meeting, with the caller in the booth and watching for alibies on the line, as well as learning more of the nuances of the game (like if you have an alibi and have to reshoot, only your bottom 20 shots count, or what situations actually count for an alibi). Now if I had a good radio/announcer voice, I might actually feel confident enough to perform booth duties, too...

Anyways...happy day =) (makes up for the crappiness, at least, so it evens out)

No comments: