Friday, April 4, 2008

Range Report

Got my new P7M10 mag, ran 50 rounds through it--good to go. Now I can take a box of 50 rounds, and load all 5 magazines with 10 rounds per mag and have no rounds left in the box that I have to stop and load a mag for--I can load all mags with all 50 rounds. $80 for convenience? Meh--I like having 5 mags per semi-auto, since ammo comes in multiples of 50.

Ran 50 rounds through my friend's Glock 21--its recoil is feeling softer and softer now. I dunno. I'm becoming less and less interested in it (if I did buy it, however, I'd put the stock slide-release back on it, because my thumbs-forward hold also holds down the slide-release, inhibiting slide-lock).

50 rounds through my 10/22 at 150 feet. Did pretty good, keeping most of the shots within 6" from an unsupported standing stance, with very little breathing discipline. Oh well--the 10/22 is more of a plinker (at least in its current configuration), but I don't shoot outdoors anyways...

And then down to my bread'n'butter: 350 rounds of bullseye practice--I actually had 20 shots on-paper in slow-fire once. Funny, because as I was shooting I just didn't feel solid at all. It was cold on the range today (seemed like they had the A/C on, even as it was pretty cold outside too), and I could not get comfortable, and I could swear that I was swaying on my feet between each shot. But somehow I pulled out a bunch of 17-hits, 18-hits, a 19-hit, and that 20-hit. Dunno. Need more practice =)

And happily, after I was done cleaning all of my equipment tonight, I found a way to make my new DS-10-SPEED loader work with all 10 rounds for my 617 with its grips: brute force. I was hesitant of applying too much force, but it seems that the rounds have enough lateral play when they're in the loader that I can safely force the speedloader around the grip and allow it to push all 10 rounds into the cylinder. Good deal! Should make loading easier for my Bullseye practice and matches.

With all of the money I just spent on ammo today, I should donate at least as much to my TNT Fundraiser page. I'll do that now.

Addendum: Done.

No comments: