Monday, April 28, 2008

Bullseye Pistol #7

Work sucked today, and I left angry...which made me worry about how it might affect my shooting today and made me think maybe I shouldn't shoot at all. But I got to the range with 10 minutes to spare--enough for two targets to convince me that I might do OK today. In any case, I signed up for the 2nd relay, since I seem to do pretty well when I take the 40 minutes or so for the first relay and "calm down"--part of my calming-down is to talk turkey with the other shooters...share tips about equipment (the guy who shot next to me had been having trouble with FTEs lately, due to his extractor wearing down, so I confirmed that the Volquartsen Exact-Edge Extractor was the way to go), share old stories (a guy was retelling how he'd had an N.D. while preparing for a high-powered rifle match, and the round hit the dirt in front of his target and, because it was a warm, windless day, the cloud of dirt just hung there in front of his target for everyone to see, and for everyone to know just who had fired when they weren't supposed to--he's learned his lesson, though: instead of hanging his head in embarassment, he should've been looking around for the "idiot" who both N.D.-ed and cross-fired in front of his target =). I laughed, and my crappy day was gone like that--I was ready to roll.

Got out on the range and posted my target.

Slow fire was meh...personal second-highest score yet, but it's still not much to write home about: 164 (just over 8 out of 10 hits, 82%).

Then Timed fire--here I kicked ass! 191! 95.5%!

And then rapid-fire...it was all good, except for one shot which I knew--at the moment it went off--that I had pulled badly. Sure enough, when the targets came back, I had a nice grouping around the bullseye...and one way up there in the 5-ring. D'oh! Oh well, it came out to be a 183, just 3 points shy of my best rapid-fire.

All in all, a 538--my best score yet! And my handicap score came out to be a 290.331--pretty darn high =) Hopefully I'll have helped out my team this week. It's been two consecutive weeks since I was in the top-four--it's time for a comeback!

No comments: