Saturday, April 26, 2008

Range Report

it was HARD to hold my arm steady, or even stand for any length of time. 500 rounds later, however, and I was feeling good again. Wasn't hitting the target at 50 yards as well as I thought I should be, but then I did just ride a metric century this morning, so I have an excuse in being a little tired.

Zeroed the sights on my Mk. II Target, although I probably won't use it for Bullseye (I might end up putting a scope on it, though, just to have one with a scope, once I get bored of iron sights). 100 rounds.

Then 100 rounds out of the '617...which felt terrible at 50 yards, so I changed it up a bit with 100 more at 25 yards/rapid fire. After doing that and settling down a bit, I returned to slow-fire, and felt a bit better. I also found a stance where my arm didn't wobble, where it naturally settled on the target and stayed there--my Natural Point of Aim.

Then, to spice things up, I set a target out at 30 feet and shot at it as fast as I could press the trigger with my Mk. II Standard--100 rounds.

Finally, I finished it up with 10 rounds out of the '617, in double-action.

---

Cleaned my guns just now, which I daresay is the fastest time I've ever thoroughly cleaned my firearms. Well, the '617, really. The other two Rugers only had 100 rounds each, so just running a brush and a patch down the barrels, as well as cleaning what I could with a Q-tip with the action open, was sufficient. Plus, they're Rugers. Practically bullet-proof. A pun. Ha ha.

No comments: