Friday, April 25, 2008

Range Report

Definitely, yes--moving adjusting the elevation up on the rear sight of my revolver has produced extremely favorable results: in rapid fire and slow fire, I'm putting the shots more consistently in the black, and they're making nice, round groupings, with fairly good distribution. Now if I can tighten them up by one ring, then I'd be in business!

Started off with 100 rounds, rapid-fire (5 targets, 20 shots per target), then followed with 100 rounds of slow-fire (5 targets, 20 shots/target), and finished out the box of ammo with 20 more rapid-fire rounds. Pretty good.

Then...and then...the Ruger Mk. II Target. Still need to get the sights dialed-in on that one--they're too low, at both 50 yards and 25 yards, and at 25 yards I was printing low and left--indicative of a n00b error, yes, but it could also be the sights. I've never fired this thing from a rest, however, so I don't know which it actually is--I should do that next time.

No comments: