Saturday, March 15, 2008

Range Report

Got home from the TNT ride and visiting the gun stores in Manassas (man, that place was giving off Blacksburg vibes with its small-town-wants-to-be-big-town feel). Showered, crashed for a few hours on the couch, and then woke up at 8PM with the idea to actually do something else with my day.

So I loaded up my not-often-shot guns (my P7M10, my '617, and my '41, and of course my '905) into the car and went out to the range. Luckily, when I got there it was pretty quiet, so I was able to get in some quality trigger time.

Started off with the P7M10--20 rounds (of Independence ammo) at 30 feet, and then 30 rounds at 75 feet. Still as accurate as ever! Man, what a sweet shooter, but it's expensive to feed! $18 for a box of 50 rounds (the Walmart price is $14). Yeah, no wonder I don't shoot it all that often. But I did get a comment on it from the guy shooting in the next lane (as I expected, since the P7M10 is more rare than the P7M8 or the P7PSP). I looked over and they were shooting a CZ75B...could've been nickel-plated, though, since the controls were black.

Followed that up with 50 rounds (of Federal blue box) through my '617, two-handed, single-handed, double-action and single-action. Extremely accurate--I might even use it in the next bullseye league match on Monday!

Then I popped off another box of that crappy Remington through my 10/22, with one round hanging up in the magazine, causing the bolt to actually dent the case sidewall. Yeah--Eff this stuff. Ruger-fodder; I wouldn't shoot it in any other gun now.

50 rounds of Winchester White Box through my '905 with some self-defense practice (yay for the edge/foe electronic target carriers!).

Rounded it off with 50 rounds of the Federal blue box through the '41 in bullseye conditions (75 feet, single handed).

I feel like Rally Vincent in the first few pages of the Bonnie and Clyde arc. Well, minus the whole sexual arousal part from shooting a bunch of different guns in one sitting, but just that bit where she sets down her CZ75 and breathes a sigh of contentment. Today was a little bit like that.

Tomorrow...clean everything!

No comments: