Monday, March 24, 2008

Range Report: Bullseye #3

Big improvement!!! Better darn well be, I tell you, if I've put 800 rounds downrange in pursuit of improvement this week.

Shot my 617 with the wally-world federal bulk ammo, and got 158 on the slowfire, 162 on the timed fire, and 168 on the rapid fire! w00t! That's a 46-point improvement over last week, 39 points up from two weeks ago, and gave me a handicap score of 289-and-change. Not bad!

Practice pays off!

Just received three S&W 41 magazines today, so now I have 5 magazines for it. Hmm. What to use next week? S&W 41? S&W 617? Ruger Mk.II? I should get one of those Pardini target pistols...but, somehow, I can't justify dropping $2K on a gun unless I was extremely serious about it, and right now it's just my latest hobby. Knowing me, I'll plateau somewhere in the 520s, call it "good enough", and move onto something else like IDPA or something. And no amount of money or quality equipment will get me any better... Archery sounds like fun =)

No comments: