Friday, May 9, 2008

Stand Your Ground

This was today:

---

Eric F.: dude someone pulled a knife on me today
me: seriously? when? where?
Eric F.: almost got himself shot
me: holy shit!
Eric F.: at the metro bus stop
Eric F.: I was alone in one of the covers
Eric F.: some kid rides up in a bike pills out a knife and opens it up
Eric F.: 6-8 inch
Eric F.: I didn't hear what he said because I was too busy watching the knife
Eric F.: but I stod up and told him "that is a bad idea"
me: you didn't draw on him, did you?
Eric F.: nope
me: move your hand near your sidearm?
Eric F.: he ran off
me: "make for your weapon"
me: whew
Eric F.: hehe
Eric F.: there were people around
me: the main part, probably, was that you stood your ground and were prepared to fight back
Eric F.: well I was to focused on the knife/scared shitless to hear what he said
Eric F.: probably though he would pull a knife a I would give him money
Eric F.: before people saw
me: good thing you didn't have to draw...
me: and I'm glad you're alright =)
Eric F.: hehe
Eric F.: so I called the police
Eric F.: they kept asking "what did he say?"
Eric F.: I am like he had a knife I don't care what he was saying
Eric F.: I don't know if they found him
Eric F.: probably didn't look
me: at least they know there's a guy going around with a knife
me: won't help much, though
Eric F.: yea
me: because they definitely know there's a guy going around with a gun--you.
me: heh
Eric F.: hehe
Eric F.: true true
me: wow, man, just...wow
me: one of those "never thought it would happen" sorta stories...
Eric F.: well I got 2 now
me: stories
Eric F.: house robbed
Eric F.: and knife
me: yeah
me: yay Alexandria...
Eric F.: heheh
Eric F.: I think the kid was just looking for an easy target
me: I'm quite happy that Invertix has moved out of Annandale...
me: probably
me: aren't they all?
Eric F.: yea
Eric F.: probably came from DC on the metro
me: they wouldn't do it if we were all hard targets...
Eric F.: true

No comments: