Monday, May 5, 2008

Bullseye Pistol #8

Ugh...I didn't feel good about this one at all. I still posted an OK score: (S) 158 + (T) 178 + (R) 183 = 519. So still above 500 (out of a possible 600), but it was a 19-point drop from last time. And my handicap score wasn't all that great, either: 286.something. I'll be surprised if it makes the top-4 for my team (I seriously doubt it).

I've told the team captain that if I do this again (I wasn't specific as to what, but I meant that if my score is around the same place again, not getting a "good enough" scratch or handicap) I'll switch to an autoloader, like everyone else. Though at a certain point, it's more a problem with the shooter than the gun; I haven't shot this thing from a ransom rest at all, so I don't know exactly how accurate it is with the ammo I'm using, but I'm willing to bet that my shotgun patterns are a result of my unsteadiness, and not because of any inherent inaccuracy of the gun...

--

and on that note: what if only S&W made an L- or N-frame .22LR. Or even an X-frame...heh. Though I suppose it would probably be the most unwieldly weapon ever produced...or you could have enough metal in the cylinder to have 15 or 20 charge-holes. That would be funny...and probably not that useful. I just think I like the look of L- and N-frames much more than K-frames. I suppose this is all based on the look of the Colt Python, which Just Looks Right for a .357 Magnum revolver... Well, maybe a L-frame 10-shot revolver in .22WMR would actually make sense. Eh.

All this is a kinda roundabout way of saying that I'd like a S&W 686 (.357 Magnum) and a S&W 625 (.45ACP). And another 617 or a 17-8 as a "backup" for my current 617-6.

And a 1911 in .45.

Dammit! Broke! Maybe as a Christmas present...save up for it. One at a time.

No comments: