Monday, May 19, 2008

Range Report

this box of ammo is proving somewhat unreliable...a couple FTFires that would fire on the second try, a couple that wouldn't fire at all...not good for the timed- and rapid-fire, where I won't have time to "try it again". Tomorrow, I'll burn off this box and hopefully the next one will be better.

Couldn't rein in my hands today--rapid fire, I was still putting a few outside the black, some wildly-so. Still on-paper, but just barely.

I'll fix it tomorrow. Hopefully.

---

On a side note, I'm getting all of these automated "happy birthday" messages from the various gun-forums I frequent. Must be my...oh wait, it is.

I'm 25 today.

1 comment:

Ed Skinner said...

Cheap ammo may have misfires which, as you note, are a pain in Timed and Rapid Fire.
But good ammo can also appear to have this same problem but this may also be due to a mismatch between gun and ammo. That is, some guns favor softer brass with more easily ignitable primers versus other guns that give a solid whack to the primer.
To give just one example, my Ruger Mk III chokes on CCI Standard Velocity but runs great on Federal Match. But my S&W 41 is the opposite. Both are great guns, and both brands of ammo are good. You just have to find what your gun likes sometimes.