Thursday, November 28, 2013

Kinda Sorta Tactical Game

The Kinda Sorta Tactical Game has been running now since December, 2011, and I've managed to participate in nearly all of them. I'm a professed pure-target sportsman and thus only dabble in the other disciplines, so it doesn't really come as a surprise that I am routinely in the bottom half of the standings at these 'holster games'. But I have a lot of fun stretching my legs, and it's an interesting way to see how the pure-target disciplines translate and influence the others.

I'm also the only person to routinely use a revolver in these games; most of the world has moved on, but I like to show how [in]effective a revolver can be in a sport (and world) dominated by double-stack semi-auto pistols. For instance, the latest edition of the KSTG featured limited-availability targets that really challenged me and my equipment - some targets would only be available for a short time, which for semi-auto guys would be pushing the limit; for me, it meant that I would be guaranteed to be points-down.

But I had fun with it, anyways.

No comments: